Crafting a Resilient Life in Chaotic Times
Jounce is a real physics term – it’s the fourth derivative of position over time.
Though the term ‘jounce’ is seldom encountered in science class, we often go through life being jounced: jerked around in several directions at once. From a traffic ticket to bad news from your doctor to a global catastrophe, the sources for being jounced are all around us…
Taking Ownership for Success
Published by Addison Wesley Professional, this book distills Jim’s experience with a wide range of teams over the years, both as an employee and as a consultant.
It examines the challenges and barriers we face with typical approaches when attempting to build effective teams…
'Being Agile" Rather than 'Doing Agile'
Practical Agility is a collection of observations gathered over the past 10 years on the practice of Agile in the software industry. It looks at agility from the objective perspective of someone that doesn’t depend on selling the concept to make a living…
Videos and Presentations
Have a look through our video library and enjoy a few minutes listening to talks and discussions on:
- Building Greater Inclusion in a Socially Distanced World (summarized version) – In partnership with Jalapeño Employee Engagement
- Building Greater Inclusion in a Socially Distanced World (extended version) – In partnership with Jalapeño Employee Engagement
Articles and Case Studies
We invite you to browse through the articles we have written.
Presented, published or quoted in:
- Business in Vancouver
- the Cutter IT Journal
- PM Network Magazine
- the PMI GovSIG newsletter
- the SEA Software Journal, and
- PM Network
- Comdex West in Vancouver
- PSQT North in Minneapolis
- the Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference in Portland
- the Better Software conference in Las Vegas
- the NB SPIN group (via teleconference) and several local associations.
A number of these articles are available for free download.